Yet another Sunday night of me and the boys, just the little ones that is because big T is off studying. So this week we had a lot of fun and a little not so fun moments. Last weekend while I was working up north Ty had taken T to study with him at his school. Well apparently T was hanging from one of those long tables they all sit at and fell off and on the ground, the problem is the table followed and landed right on T's forehead. So for the first several days it was a MASSIVE bump across his forehead... he kept asking me, "Mommy, what kind of human am I anyways?" Since he was acting fine we did not take him in. By Wednesday the bruising was worse but the swelling had gone down a little bit. By down I mean down his face...his nose and eyes were so swollen, and black and blue mind you. So after asking a few of our Dr. friends the concensus was to get him checked out. Thursday morning found us in the local Children's Hospital getting the CT scan of his little head. Little T was so brave. He held really still and acted like he was sleeping the whole time, that is until the machine turned on... His eyes became the size of quarters and I think he thought the machine was going to take him out, but he stayed so still just like they had asked, was so courageous, and I was very proud of him. T was given a clean bill of health, the "head picture" showed no bleed, broken skulls, or messed up eyes (as T tells the story). So it turns out T survived another weekend home with daddy, but BARELY!
The rest of the week was much more fun...we went swimming at some friends' house, did a little shopping and found some steals at Old Navy, and spent a few nights on the town. We took the boys to the local library carnival. They bounced in the bounce house, chucked a lot of bean bags across the library, and did every activity there so they could win the prize. It was all about the prize. All the boys could talk about was THE PRIZE! The prize...the smallest pixy stick I have ever seen. Moving on... Friday we went to this sort of swanky shopping district where they play "movies under the stars". We took the boys to Horton Hears a Who. Very cute show, millions of people (not all of them very nice to one another), and a few bags of popcorn later we headed home... Fun but next time I think we will avoid the crowd, hit Blockbuster, and set up a tv in the backyard.
Another fun thing this week... T said his first prayer in primary today. He did so GREAT! I just love that he is in primary now, he is learning so much. Every night at dinner we now have both an opening and closing prayer per T's request. He always says one of them and Ty or I say the other. He loves to pray and he LOVES to sing! In preparation for the Father's Day program next week they have been practicing a few songs. All day today I listened to "I'm So Glad When Daddy Comes Home", I never got tired of hearing it. Little T is so thoughtful, T and I laid down to watch a movie on Sunday and I woke up to him serving up 3 bowls of ice cream for him, Ty, and I. He said ,"P won't like this ice cream, cause this is MY favorite."




2 comments:
Cute, cute, and stinkin CUTE. Except for that bump!!! Poor kid!!! That is so sad. :( I'm glad he is getting better though and nothing serious. Glad you guys are doing good!
T is to little to be acting that old! He is growing up way to fast! He is sooo cute. We miss having y'all as neighbors. Are you sure that whole table explanation is the "real" story of what happened?! I mean ya'll arent really beating him are ya? lol
Post a Comment